St. Marys Parish Primary School Drogheda
The origins of this new build catholic primary school date back to 1854 when four nuns from the Convent of Mercy in Dublin travelled to Drogheda. In 1858 they set up St. Mary’s Convent Schools in order to provide education to the local children of the area. The need of a new school building was borne from the necessity to amalgamate two existing schools and to provide the children from them with up to date facilities, resulting in the first sod being turned for the new building in December 2010.
In 2011 CTS Group were contracted to provide electrical and mechanical services to cater for a thirty six classroom primary school complete with sports hall. Electrical services including general services, sockets, lighting and a fire alarm system were provided in addition to the installation of structured cabling, PA systems and specialist anti shatter lighting for the sports hall. Mechanical services comprised the installation of gas boilers, radiators, ventilation ducting and radiant gas heaters.